After you have registered, you will receive an email from Sign-up Genius to sign up for an audition. Auditions will be held at the end of August. Students need to prepare a solo (must be a Suzuki Book 3 level piece/equivalent or above), scale, and will be asked to sight read. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CMP 2018-2019 Important Dates
August 25, 2018 (Saturday), CMP Auditions, 12:00 – 4:00 pm, LCSD office
August 30, 2018 (Thursday), CMP Auditions, 4:00 – 8:00 pm, LCSD office
September 3, 2018 (Monday), CMP Coaches Meeting, 7:30 – 8:30 pm, Craney residence
September 7, 2018 (Friday), CMP Parent Pizza Party, 6:00 – 7:00 pm, River Heights Elementary
September 20, 2018 (Thursday), Kickoff with Fry Street Quartet, 6:00 – 7:00 pm, USU FAC rm. 214
November 28, 2018 (Wednesday), Masterclasses with WSU faculty, 6:00 – 8:00 pm, Ridgeline
December 1, 2018 (Saturday), CMP Christmas Play-along, 10:30 – 12:00 pm, location TBD
January 31, 2019 (Thursday), Masterclasses with Fry Street Quartet, 6:00 – 8:00 pm, USU FAC 214
March 14, 2019 (Thursday), CMP Competition, 7:00 – 9:00 pm, location TBD
March 19, 2019 (Tuesday), “Music with Minetti” mega concert, 4:00 rehearsal, 7:00 pm concert, Ridgeline
March 23, 2019 (Saturday), CMP Pancake Closing Social, 9:00 – 10:30 am, Bartholomew residence
· Enrich students’ (grades 6-12) musical experience through chamber music
· Enhance technical skills on instruments
· Develop listening capabilities in ensemble playing
· Develop leadership and team building in rehearsal setting
· Provide opportunity for all ensembles to perform in public performance
· Provide opportunity for selected ensembles to perform in same concert with visiting artists [Minetti Quartet] in Spring concert, Ridgeline High School auditorium
· Prepare all eligible ensembles to perform for Regional Solo and Ensemble and ASTA festivals
· Accomplish above objectives without increasing work load of orchestra teachers
· Students must register online at www.mountainweststrings.com by Wednesday, August 29, 2018. There is a $160 registration fee that will cover 15 chamber rehearsals with a chamber coach, two masterclasses with guest clinicians, Chamber Music Society of Logan student tickets (3 concerts), one ticket to a Fry Street Quartet performance and CMP t-shirt.
· Participating students must be in 6th grade or older for the 2018-2019 school year.
· Students strongly encouraged to participate in school orchestra program.
· Students must have at least 2 years of playing experience on their string instrument.
· All students participating in CMP are required to take private lessons.
· Students should be at a Suzuki Book 3 level or above.
· Students will audition on their instrument (one scale and a solo to demonstrate playing level and ability)
· Students will be assigned to a chamber ensemble and coach based on playing level, age, and school and program availability. Students may make requests to be with a friend, but we cannot guarantee requests will be granted.