Mountain West String Academy
Chamber Music Project
with support from
· Enrich students’ (grades 6-12) musical experience through chamber music
· Enhance technical skills on instruments
· Develop listening capabilities in ensemble playing
· Develop leadership and team building in rehearsal setting
· Provide opportunity for all ensembles to perform in public performance
· Provide opportunity for selected ensembles to perform in same concert with visiting artists [Spektral Quartet] in Spring concert, Logan High School auditorium
· Prepare all ensembles to perform for Regional Solo and Ensemble and ASTA festivals
· Accomplish above objectives without increasing work load of orchestra teachers
· Registration is now closed. There is a $160 registration fee that will cover regular chamber coachings with a chamber coach, two masterclasses with guest clinicians, Chamber Music Society of Logan student tickets (3 concerts), and one ticket to a Fry Street Quartet performance. Financial Aid available for those based on need. Please email email@example.com for more information.
· Participating students must be in 6th grade or older for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Students must have at least 2 years of playing experience on their string instrument and must be at a Suzuki Book 3 level (or equivalent).
· Students are encouraged to participate in their school orchestra program.
· All students participating in CMP are required to take private lessons.
· Students will audition on their instrument (one scale and a solo to demonstrate playing level and ability) on either Saturday, August 26th (12:00 – 4:00 pm) or Thursday, August 31st (4:00 – 8:00 pm), location TBD. Audition sign-up times will be emailed to you after you have registered in August.
· Acceptance to CMP is based on the audition and enrollment availability. Students will be assigned to a chamber ensemble and coach based on playing level, age, and school. Students may make requests to be with a friend, but we cannot guarantee requests will be granted.
- August 26, 2017 (Saturday), 12:00 to 4:00 pm and August 31, 2017 (Thursday), 4:00 to 8:00 pm, location TBD. CMP Audition.
- September 8, 2017 (Friday), 6:00 pm, Pizza Party Parent Meeting, River Heights Elementary. Mandatory for all participants.
- Week of September 10, 2017, CMP rehearsals with coach begin
- February 22, 2018 (Thursday), 6:00 - 8:00 pm CMP Recitals, location TBA
- March 15, 2018 (Thursday), 7 pm, CMP Competition, location TBA
- March 20, 2018 (Tuesday), 4-6 pm, CMP Spektral Rehearsal, location TBA
- March 20, 2018 (Tuesday), 7 pm, CMP Spektral Concert