Ambassador Rehearsal Schedule
SCHEDULE All rehearsals will be held at Providence Elementary, 91 East Center Street, in the gym from 4:30-5:15 p.m. Enter through the front doors.
Friday- January 29, 4:30-5:15 p.m.
Friday- February 5, 4:30-5:15 p.m.
Friday- February 19, 4:30-5:15 p.m.
Friday- March 12, 4:30-5:15 p.m.
Friday- March 26, 4:30-5:15 p.m.
Friday- April 16, 4:30-5:15 p.m.
Friday- April 23, 4:30-5:15 p.m.
Friday- April 30, 4:30-5:15 p.m.
2020-2021 Ambassador Requirements
- Student must be in 5th or 6th grade and in their 2nd year of MWSA (6th grade students in 2nd or 3rd year can choose to audition for Ambassadors or Mountain West Youth Symphony).
- Student must take private lessons during the entire school year.
- Student must practice regularly over the summer and record practice minutes on a calendar to turn in with Ambassador application.
- Student must commit to attend all rehearsals and concerts for the 2020-2021 school year. Only 2 absences allowed.
- Must be able to pluck and say all flashcards in less than one minute
- Violin/Bass - D major, 2 octave scale
- Viola/Cello - G major, 2 octave scale
- Mountain West Theme, 2nd year part
The Ambassador application will be included in the 2020-2021 MWSA student workbook. In order to be considered to be an Ambassador, students must completely fill out the application and turn in practice charts from the summer. Students must also receive a written recommendation from their school orchestra teacher, private teacher, and parent. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered for Ambassadors.